Today I cleaned out a file cabinet and found some things I wrote a while ago. This one stood out to me and I kept it out so I could think about it. It was written after re-reading the beatitudes in Matthew 5.
- Turn loose of your pride and know that you are not the most important thing in the world. Forget “I can do anything better than you” and substitute ” together we can do anything.”
- Remember when everything is gone…God is still there.
- Be content with what you have. Remember the most important thing is to have a relationship with God.
- Look for God and he will find you. When you are filled with God nothing else is needed.
- Remember Christ’s commandment. Love the Lord you God with all your heart and all your soul and all you mind and your neighbor as yourself.
- Clean out the closet in yourself. Git rid of the grudges and pain you still carry for no reason. Let God fill those places.
- Be the peacemaker. Don’t take sides. Be part of the solution instead of adding to the problem.
- Be different. Be unusual enough that someone asks “why do you act that way?” And you can answer “because I follow Christ.”